Before trekking to Europe, I will once again be back in my home town, Pittsburgh, at the beloved Three Rivers Arts Festival. Set downtown, it brings together art and music for 10 days in June. I will be in Point State Park in booth 232 June 14-16 with my latest Pittsburgh drawing. Hope to see you there!
It's that time of year again. Spring Arts Festival time. With new works from travels to Ireland, Switzerland, and the birds, here is my line up.
- March 30: Springtime Tallahassee. Held downtown in the gorgeous Chain of Parks, this one day event features arts, crafts, a parade, and food.
- April 6-7: Spring Arts Festival. Sponsored by Santa Fe College, it is held on the streets of downtown Gainesville and features the works of fine artists.
- April 27-28: Chain of Parks. Sponsored by LeMoyne Arts, the show exhibits the work of over 150 artists from around the country. Considered one of the top five fine arts shows in the country two years in a row by Sunshine Artist.
After a busy summer of traveling through Italy and Switzerland, I have finalized my fall schedule. I will be at the French Country Flea Market Nov. 2-3, Tallahassee Nurseries on Nov. 10, and the Tallahassee Museum's Market Days on Dec. 1-2.
It should be noted that Michael forced a change to the schedule as well as other adjustments to our lives. Change is tough.
As always, your architectural artist, Mary Jo
Festival season starts early this year. I am preparing for 3 shows this spring and organizing one exhibit.
- March 3-4: Town of Tioga in Gainesville at the GFAA spring show
- April 6-26: An exhibit of art and dog houses by architects and other design professionals at LeMoyne in Tallahassee. I will showing a multitude of my St. George Island sunrise paintings as well as jewelry and other works.
- April 7: Springtime Jubilee Tallahassee in downtown Tallahassee
- April 21-22: Chain of Parks by LeMoyne, Sunshine Artist #1 rated fine arts show in the country in downtown Tallahassee. I will be on booth #29, located on the south side of Park Avenue, just west of Calhoun Street and near the stage.
Hope to see you this spring!
Fall is around the corner and after a great spring series of festivals, I am preparing for the autumn shows. Here is my tentative schedule.
- Oct. 13-14: French Country Flea Market, Tallahassee, Florida
- Oct. 28-29: Mattie Kelley Festival of the Arts, Destin, Florida
- Nov. 11: Artisans in the Garden, Tallahassee Nurseries
Look forward to seeing you and as always, stop by Artisans Marketplace and LeMoyne for a limited selection of my works.
Spring is coming. The oak leaves are falling and pollen is in the air. Hope you can come out to one of the following events.
- March 17-18: I will be at a new event, the French Country Flea Market, to be held at the Tallahassee Auto Museum.
- April 1: Springtime Tallahassee returns to Downtown Tallahassee.
- April 15-16: The beloved LeMoyne Chain of Parks will be back at the Downtown Chain of Parks on Easter weekend with extended hours Saturday (10-7) and the usual hours Sunday (10-5).
- April 29: Rose City in Thomasville is a one day event in Paradise Park.
- June 9-11: Three Rivers Arts Festival in downtown Pittsburgh. I will be back after a two year absence.
I have several new trees and dragonflies as well as my usual assortment of drawings.
Fall is in the air! It is starting to finally cool off, which means the fall art festival season is here.
I will be in Gainesville this weekend, Nov. 5-6, for the Downtown Festival and Art Show. Look for me at booth 145 on the north side of University Avenue. I have new drawings from this summer's trip to Portugal trip as well as the Monterrey Bay aquarium. http://www.gainesvilledowntownartfest.org/
My latest ornaments, ceramic dragonflies and butterflies, will be featured at the LeMoyne Holiday Show. Opening day is Thanksgiving day, Nov. 24. The gallery will also be selling my wood jewelry.
And last but not least, I have an assortment of original drawings, prints, cards, and jewelry at the Artisans Marketplace at 1000 Thomasville Road. Thanks to Barbara and her dedication to local artists and their handmade goods.
Spring has arrived and that means it is arts festival season!
- We kicked it off with a beautiful, windy Saturday in Apalachicola, one of my favorite places.
- April 16-17 brings the wonderful Chain of Parks Arts Festival in downtown Tallahassee. Download the app or visit the website, www.chainofparks.com, for all the details. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this year and bring us a gorgeous weekend.
- April 23 will take us to Thomasville, Georgia for the Rose Festival.
- And lastly, we will participate in the second annual Taloofa Festival in Midtown Tallahassee.
I have new drawings of boats, gators, and St. George Islansd.
Come out to enjoy the art and all that the festivals have to offer!
After a cold weekend, I'm starting to think about the spring festival season. Once again, I will be at Artwalk in Apalachicola Saturday, April 2. I will have all of my genres with me, including drawings, paintings, and wood jewelry. Come support the artists and the local businesses.
The weekend of April 16-17 will be Chain of Parks, the premiere art festival in Tallahassee, Florida. I will feature my drawings for that show, including some new birds and drawings done at St. George Island during the holiday.
I am doing only one show this fall, the Tallahassee Nurseries show on November 14 and 15. What better place to have an art show than in the garden. I have been doing this show for years and the staff are incredible. The patrons come out and the weather is always wonderful. I am working on some wood jewelry pieces with the help of a woodworker friend. See you there!
Thanks again to those of you who came to my fall shows in Gainesville and Tallahassee.
Here is the spring 2015 lineup so far: Art Walk in Apalachicola on March 21, Springtime Tallahassee on March 28, and the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Festival on April 18 and 19.
I have several new watercolors done during winter break at St. George Island featuring the dunes and a wonderful dilapidated fence as well as some fish and new birds.
Look forward to seeing you soon!
Spring 2014 shows
Thanks to all my supporters, friends, and family through my 4 shows this spring. From Pittsburgh to Apalachicola to Tallahassee, you came out and enjoyed some of the fun and the opportunity to support artists near and far.
I am busy lining up my fall shows and will update you when I know what they are. In the meantime, stay cool and GO USA!
Thanks to all who came to Apalachicola last Saturday. It was a beautiful day and a great event.
I will be at Springtime Tallahassee this coming Saturday, March 29. Held under the oaks, I will be on the south side of Park Avenue between Adams and Duval Streets from 9 am to 5 pm.
On April 19 and 20, I will again be on the streets of downtown Tallahassee for the LeMoyne's Chain of Parks art festival. Should be a great time as well. Come on down!
Fall and Winter 2013-2014
Thanks to those of you who came the Tallahassee Nurseries show in November and the One More Time weekend in downtown Tallahassee. I have been trying a couple of different things for a change, watercolor painting and ceramics. I have been painting clouds since last summer and have now focused on sunrises and sunsets. The colors in the sky and on the ground are amazing. Change can be good for the soul.
Spring and Summer 2013
Thanks to all who came to Springtime Tallahassee and the LeMoyne's Chain of Parks Arts Festival in April. My next event is Artsquest in Watercolor, Florida, May 10-12. Then I return my roots at the Three Rivers Arts Festival in Pittsburgh for a week, June 7-13. And finally, I will be participating in the Corn Hill Arts Festival in Rochester, New York for the weekend of July 13-14. Have a great spring and summer.
Upcoming Events Spring 2013
I am in midst of applying for spring and summer shows, both in Florida and up north. At this time, I know that I will be at Springtime Tallahassee on April 6 and the Chain of Parks (Tallahassee) on April 20 and 21. Stay tuned for more announcemnts!
Upcoming events Summer and Fall 2012
Thanks to all who came the Chain of Parks in April. I am busy working on new drawings and other pieces, including some wood sculptures and watercolors. But the biggest thing I am working on is organizing the next show at LeMoyne: The Art of Architecture: Selected Works from the Tallahassee Region. It begins August 3 and runs for 6 weeks. Look for me in the fall at the Tallahassee Nurseries event November 11, One More Time in downtown Tallahassee in December, and other events.
LeMoyne Chain of Parks - April 21 and 22, 2012
Thanks to all who came out. Chain of Parks 2012 marked my fourth time exhibiting at this venue. Held on the two blocks of Park Avenue just east of Monroe Street, it was once again the BEST FINE ARTS FESTIVAL held in Tallahassee. This year I proudly represent the artists on the LeMoyne Board of Directors. My new trees, dragonflies, and of course, wood storks received a warm reception. And the food and live music were great.
Fall 2011 Shows
Fall 2011 kept me close to home. I was finishing my capstone project on Sustainable Neighborhoods for a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning and graduated in December from FSU.
I spent two Saturdays at the Downtown Market and also participated in the Artisans in the Garden Show at Tallahassee Nurseries November 5 for the first time. It was a great venue and I will definitely be back next year.
The Lemoyne Holiday Show was open the months of November and December and I also participated in One More Time in Downtown Tallahassee.
Thanks to all who came out. Hope to see you next year.
Three Rivers Art Festival - June 10, 11, and 12, 2011
Thanks to all who visited me in Pittsburgh. What a great show! The weather held. The crowds came out. And the music was awesome. Who was it that said, "You could never do home again?" I really didn't anticipate the response to my Pittsburgh drawing, the Eiffel Tower drawings, or my trees. And people still want note cards. I guess what all of this means is that I may have to come back next year. Once again, thanks to my hosts (my parents) and the City of Pittsburgh!
Chez Pierre Restaurant Exhibit - Tallahassee
Eric has kindly let me use his restaurant as a gallery for my artwork from France and my Pointillist series.
Come out and enjoy the food and the art.
ArtsQuest 2011 - Seaside, Florida - May 6, 7, and 8, 2011
Thanks to all you visited beautiful Seaside, where art meets New Urbanism.
The weather was beautiful and the artists were awesome.
Hope to be there again next year!